Refining with Firefox
11-01-2015, 11:31 PM
Refining with Firefox
One software program any optimizer should love is Firefox. Now some might say 'Why Firefox, it's only a visitor'? Yes, it's a browser, but the one that supports a big variety of plug-ins, many of them very useful for search engine optimization. Therefore let's see what these plugins are:
1. SEOpen ( https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/570/ ): this really is among the best and most used Firefox seo plug-ins, and has several methods that make it a favorite of mine. We learned about http://www.facebook.com/search/results/?...nit=public by searching webpages. So let's see what it can do:
* in Google it can examine for: backlinks, listed pages, related pages, cache and PageRank.
* in Yahoo and MSN: indexed pages and backlinks. Http://Www.Twitter.Com/Fweglarz is a astonishing online library for more about when to see this activity.
* for backlinks, traffic details, Alexa: introduction and related websites.
* keyword thickness of the most used words on the site. Get supplementary info about official website by visiting our surprising encyclopedia.
If the site is contained in the index * DMOZ checker: see.
* search for robots.txt.
* validator to check your page for errors the validator is used by it from http://www.w3.org).
There are other activities, but these are the most important.
2. Search Engine Optimization Links ( http://www.webmasterbrain.com/seo-tools/...seo-links/ ) is yet another extension I use everyday. If the expansion si active and you hover over a link a tooltip will appear that will show you Yahoo, MSN, and Google link popularity and rank data for the URL and anchor text couple. This can be troublesome when you're simply checking, but you can simply de-activate it with a right-click!
This may be quickly used to check on your search-engine rankings for a particular page, and here is how: jot down a list with all the keywords and keyphrases you want to rank for, and then link those words or phrases to-the web pages associated with them!
Now each time you wish to check always your rates stimulate the Search Engine Optimization Links extension and hover on the links -- you'll see where your pages have been in Google, Yahoo and MSN.
3. Do not waste anymore of your precious screen real estate merely to uncover what your PageRank and AlexaRank is! SearchStatus ( https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/321/ ) may sit anyplace you want (I keep it in the status bar) and you'll have the precious info at a glance. This novel click here for essay has assorted pushing warnings for the reason for it. But this small instrument may do much more than that:
* it shows what meta-tags a site has
* assessments for backlinks and listed pages in Google, Yahoo and MSN
* it shows the document
* key-word thickness record func-tion
* and best of all: the spotlight 'nofollow' links will show you what links will be followed closely by search-engine spiders -- very helpful when you want to publish your site to a listing and don't know if it'll matter from the seo perception.
Therefore just in case you are not using Firefox, go have it! It may be your best friend when it comes to seo!
Florin Costache writes over a daily search engine optimisation blog for Romanian webmasters, named Optimizare pentru motoarele p cautare (a.k.a. search engine optimization for folks who do not speak Romanian)..
User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)